BCS Earns ACSI Accreditation for 5 More Years!
Bible Center School is one of only six private schools in West Virginia accredited by ACSI (Association of Christian Schools International).
Accreditation ensures the school has strong foundational practices in place for achieving excellence in the areas of Bible Knowledge, Biblical Worldview, Academic Excellence, Life Skills and Practical Application of Knowledge, and Character Building and Spiritual Formation.
It ensures that BCS pursues robust improvement and strategic plans to continually grow, develop and change for the better in an orderly and systematic way by engaging all constituents of the school in a process of organizational appraisal and improvement.
A huge “Thank You” to all of the teachers and staff who worked untold hours this past year/summer to help us pull everything together for this—no small task. Your work and efforts are truly appreciated and celebrated with this achievement!
Key Accreditation Points
- Accreditation validates and verifies that the educational quality of BCS is striving for excellence based on a solid Christian philosophy of education foundation.
- The ACSI accreditation process:
- Probes the spiritual aspects of each component of the organization.
- Addresses the educational quality and integrity of the organization.
- ACSI accreditation is a highly effective way for a Christian school/program to evaluate itself in four areas in light of its unique educational mission:
- academic ideas and thinking;
- skills for life and living;
- biblical worldview grounding; and
- personal character, values, and spiritual formation.
- The accreditation team verified that BCS is true to its own statements of philosophy, mission, and goals and that it is meeting the standards of quality and effectiveness.
The importance of Accreditation (ACSI Website):
- Accreditation documents that the school is true to its own foundational statements (mission, vision, core values, goals).
- It affirms that the school meets standards of quality established by the international school community.
- It provides validation of the credibility of the school through a peer-review process.
- It promotes accountability to the school community.
- It improves instruction targeting increased student achievement.
- It promotes ongoing instructional improvement through a continuous process of self-assessment and systematic school development.
- It encourages the evaluation of biblical and spiritual integration of the school.
- It transfers credits between schools and the nation’s school systems.
Thank you for celebrating with us! God is doing incredible things at BCS!