A hand-out was sent home with each student explaining RUSH Week (R U Serving HIM). Please be in prayer for our students as we embrace this week of service together.
Several things will take place:
- Students are to invite their pastor to “Bring Your Pastor to School Day” on Friday, February 27.
- Kick off: was on Friday, February 13, in RAM Center. Students were introduced to RUSH week and the Bags of Blessings.
- Goal: Give testimony to our Judea and Samaria. BCS is full of Christ-Like students who are the hands and face of Jesus.
- Classes will memorize a scripture verse during the week.
- Classes will collect items brought to school to make Bags of Blessings. These will be given to those in need. Brookside Children’s Home will receive the donated bags.
- On Friday, February 27 there will be an all school assembly and the Bags of Blessings will be collected from each class.
- Local Pastors who have been invited by the students will pray over the bags at an all-school Assembly.
What to Do
Each student is being asked to bring the items for the Bags of Blessings. Verses will be attached to each item so the receiver can read God’s Word.
Items to Bring:
- Monday, February 23 – toothbrush AND toothpaste – Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person. (Col. 4:6)
- Tuesday, February 24 – Socks & gloves – K-4/children’s size & 5-8/adult size – Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. (Psalm 119:105)
- Wednesday, February 25 – wipes AND hand sanitizer (travel size) – And everyone who thus hopes in him purifies himself as he is pure. (1 John 3:3)
- Thursday, February 26 – comb/brush AND shampoo (travel size) – If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:9)
- Friday, February 27 – washcloth AND soap – Purge me with hyssop and I shall be clean; wash me and I shall be whiter than snow. (Psalm 51:7)
Please be in prayer for this special week!